Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Use the "Advanced Search" fields on the right to narrow your results down and search by Subdivision, School, Year Built, Lifestyle, and more! Check out our how-to page for more info.
71 S River Rd
Sewalls Point, FL 34996
Rare opportunity to own an historic estate! Originally built by the Carnegie family in the 1920's, this grand residence was designed in the Mizner style with pecky cypress woodwork, exposed beams, archways, fireplaces and original ironwork. A gracious foyer leads you to the grand living hall with a 22' ceiling, which then opens out to the sprawling sunroom to take advantage of the stunning St. Lucie River views and endless sunsets. Formal dining with fireplace, billiard room, ''ice cream parlor'' and the many other inviting spaces grace the home in the tradition of the era. Over 2 acres, guest cottage, 3 car garage and endless gardens with pathways to lead you to the pool, terraced grounds, white sandy beach and down to the dock with 222 ft. on the River.
- MLS® #RX-10302426
- Price per Sqft$403
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage8,178
- Year Built1924
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- AmenitiesPicnic Area
- UtilitiesPublic Water, Septic
- ParkingCarport - Detached, Drive - Circular, Driveway
- # of Garages3
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontNavigable, No Fixed Bridges, Ocean Access, River
- Has PoolYes
- PoolConcrete, Equipment Included, Heated, Inground, Spa
- Exterior FeaturesAuto Sprinkler, Built-in Grill, Open Patio, Open Porch, Shutters, Well Sprinkler
- Lot Description2 to < 3 Acres, East of US-1, Paved Road, Treed Lot
- ConstructionConcrete, Frame, Frame/Stucco
- Date ListedJanuary 26th, 2017
- Days on Market1025
- Pet AllowedYes
- Membership EquityNo
- Address71 S River Rd
- Area5 - Sewalls Point
- CitySewalls Point
- Zip Code34996
- Geo AreaMA05
- Interior FeaturesBar, Built-in Shelves, Cook Island, Ctdrl/Vault Ceilings, Entry Lvl Lvng Area, Fireplace(s), Foyer, Laundry Tub, Pantry, Roman Tub, Volume Ceiling, Wet Bar
- AppliancesAuto Garage Open, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Storm Shutters, Wall Oven, Washer
- HeatingCentral, Electric, Zoned
- CoolingCeiling Fan, Central, Zoned
- # of Stories2
- ElementaryFelix A Williams Elementary School
- MiddleStuart Middle School
- HighJensen Beach High School
- Listing OfficeWater Pointe Realty Group
All listings featuring the BMLS logo are provided by Beaches MLS Inc. Copyright 2019 Beaches MLS. This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed.
© 2019 Beaches Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on November 18th, 2019 at 6:45pm EST.